Saturday, January 24, 2009

Art in winter


My dog, Cooper passed away a couple of weeks ago which means I haven't been out walking anymore. I used to carry my camera with me and would snap shots on our walks all over town. Hence, I haven't had much to report as I have been hibernating in my house. 

It was been really cold, tops 20 degrees, so even going for a short walk seems unnecessary. And frankly after walking three times a day, every day for the past 14 years, it seems natural to want to stay in. I'll get another dog - I will always have dogs in my life - but for now, until I'm ready, my art finds have been limited.

This chicken in not one of them. I found this on the Internet on one of my favorite blogs that I follow. But I loved this. I've always been intrigued by recycled art. Who would have thought that old curlers would make good fodder for sculpture? Apparently this person and I think he/she was right!

No comments: