Tuesday, October 14, 2008

In honor of Shakey Jake


Last year an Ann Arbor icon passed away. His name was Shakey Jake Woods. He was known around the world. When I was traveling and would tell people I was from Ann Arbor, I would get a response along the lines of, 'Oh! Then you know Jake!" 

In fact I did know Jake, more than knowing of Jake, I helped him with his medications regularly. He was a kind a gentle soul who just wanted to live his life in peace. 

After he died, the funeral home had to accommodate an overflow crowd with live feed to a television in the parking lot. There isn't anything that would have pleased him more. Except perhaps seeing this lovely tribute to him. This is an amazing likeness of a man who made many smile. R.I.P. Jake. You touched many and still are my friend.

All that's missing is his guitar.

No comments: