Sunday, May 25, 2008

milliner genius!




My love affair with hats is cemented every time I spot a Philip Treacy hat. He is one of the most unconventional hat makers I have ever seen. I was lucky enough to attend a show that Cranbrook Museum hosted in 2006. Once you get to know his work, it is readily identifiable. Some would call it crazy, but as with every brilliant artist, one should view a large portion of the work before you make hasty decisions about the work.

One of his more famous recent commissions was a hat for Camilla Parker Bowels for the recent royal wedding of Queen Elizabeth's grandson to a Canadian woman. Pictures of the wedding include photos of Camilla's hat as well as two young ladies with Philip Tracey hats. The butterflies version is shown here.

Hats are one of my favorite accessories! And Philip Treacy is a milliner genius!

No comments: