Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Easter Island Heads
















I found these sculptures in the Nichols Arboretum in the spring of 2007. If you look closely you'll see that they are small heads fashioned after the mysterious stone carvings on Easter Island. This mystery has always been of interest to me, so you can imagine my delight to encounter these while walking one afternoon. I loved this piece so much that I wanted to make a flip book showing the approach to the sculptures while walking toward them. Unfortunately my camera broke after this photo was taken, so this will have to do in it's place. It's as close as I could get before it's demise.

I was never able to find out who made these delightful pieces. They remained in place for about two or three weeks and then disappeared. This is my personal thanks to the artist for sharing their vision with the rest of us.

No comments: