Saturday, February 21, 2009

The 2009 collection...


No, this piece is not part of a collection from a runway. It's not that kind of collection. It is part of Chris Roberts-Antieaus work and she refers to it as part of her "2009 collection". 

Anyway, I've been a fan of her work for some time. She is in the Original Ann Arbor Art Fair every year and is often the featured artist on their promotional materials. She has a following all over the county.

I prefer her animal themes, which she seems to be getting away from. I have two pieces. 'Long Dog' given to me by a friend and 'Growling Puppy' that I bought several years ago. 

However, if someone where to offer this to me, I'd take it in a heart beat. I love it's size and of course, it is a water theme. Water is what relaxes me. Plus, it is the quintessential hallway piece. It is hard to find something that can command small spaces. This would do it.  

No comments: