Friday, June 13, 2008

Discovering Tin Tin!



I know it is difficult to see this painting well, but look close. It is a painting of one of my favorite childhood heroes... Tin Tin! His faithful dog, Snowy is prominently shown in the middle surrounded by other characters from the series. 

Tin Tin was created by Belgian artist, Herge. He developed the comic strip into a series of graphic novels long before the term was well known. Tin Tin is a young crime solver who went on wild adventures! He was a favorite of mine in sixth grade.
This painting is in a Mexican restaurant on Boston University's campus. When I asked why a Mexican restaurant had a Tin Tin picture, I was told it was left over from when it was a French restaurant. It was an oddity to discover and unfortunately (in my eyes), not well known (Tin Tin, not the restaurant which was mediocre at best). 

No comments: